Friday, June 21, 2013

Photo Frames for a Special Baby


All babies are special, they bring so much joy, happiness and love to a family. But some babies are literally miracles and that makes them a little extra special. A friend of mine had one such baby. Her pregnancy was fraught with complications, the baby had to be surgically delivered early and after delivery, my friend had another bunch of complications. Through it all, she had the most wonderful support team apart from her husband of course. They were her mother and her mother-in-law. Now 3 months later, the moms are moving back home and my friend wanted to give them a special gift to say thank you. A picture of baby Samaira in a beautifully crafted, one of a kind photo frame. So here's what I made for her. 


My first photo frame is a beige and gold project. I used some Itsy Bitsy punch paper to cover the chipboard base and then stamped this lovely filigree design using my versamark pad. After a dash of superfine gold embossing powder and the heat gun, this gorgeous background was created. The butterflies were die cut from the Itsy Bitsy butterfly die and then heat embossed as well with gold embossing powder. Love the finish!


For my second frame I used one of the frame kits at the Itsy Bitsy store as the base. Then I embossed some pink pearl card stock to provide that pretty background and on the corner, created this arrangement of mauve flowers all from Itsy Bitsy. I had one beaded butterfly left in my stash so that took the other corner and of course, pearls finished it off. I'm so pleased with the result. 


I was totally in the photo frame zone so I decided to make another one, this one perhaps my friend could keep at home. The colour scheme was a bright green and here I used some fabulous Itsy Bitsy flourishes and the super tie dye gypsy flowers to embellish the frame. I gotta say, I'm not too kicked with the result - what do you think folks?

Have you made any photo frames using our products? Would love to see. Leave a link in the comment list and I'll be sure to drop by. Till then Happy Crafting folks!

Supplies Used:

9 comments:

  1. All three frames are unique.. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are beautiful, Sunehra but I justlove the Gold and Ivory one!!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful :) loved all 3 of them :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are good but the heat embossed one in gold stole my heart! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the frames, but my fave is the first gold embossed Sunehra. Lovey

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful sunehra, ahhh so many pearls, loved it. The green frame with pearls are they done with pearl maker??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog and the details about it really interesting.
    I liked your blog.

    baby handprint kit

    ReplyDelete