Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Wedding Message Book - Part 2

About a week ago, I published a blog about a Wedding Message book I was doing for a couple that are soon to be married. The objective of the book is to provide a space for relatives, friends and loved ones of the betrothed to leave their best wishes on their married life. It will be kept on a convenient table during the reception providing an opportunity for any guest to drop a line, so it had to match the colour scheme of the event. In my last post which you can view here, I shared the cover of the book. This post is all about the inside and how I managed to provide space for 200 messages in a 10 page book. 


This is the first page of the book. The bride had chosen the colours for the wedding as Fuchsia and Apple Green so I used the DCWV Cherry Limeade stack which has 48 delectable sheets all in these fabulous colours. I created a border using the Spellbinders Contemporary Hearts Borderabilities Die and then provided 2 little notepads for guests to leave the their comments. An oval scalloped frame for the couple's photograph would provide some relief from all the text. 


The following page was kept simple. The pattern paper had a self design of ruled sheet with a margin, similar to a school notebook. I designed to leave it as is and just add some pretty little flowers from Itsy Bitsy as an accent. 


The next page was all about drama. The page design was a bold striped background and on this I added four scallop squares using the Itsy Bitsy Scallop Square die. 2 of these concealed a notepad to add comments and the other 2 provided space for photographs. 


For the next page I used another extremely bold sheet from the pack and created a trim using the new Couture Creations Intricutz die. Just love that pretty little effect. For writing the wishes, I made a little envelope that when opened, revealed 2 notepads for documenting sentiments.


On the next page, I decided to do callouts. I provided a square frame at the centre for the couple's photo and surrounded it with callouts, all hand cut, for guests to leave their words of encouragement and support. I thought it would add a somewhat lighthearted feel to the book. 

There are 5 more pages in the book but they all somewhat reflect the layouts already showcased so I thought I would skip taking any more photos. But I would definitely like to share how the book looks when bound with its cover. I used the fantastic Cinch Tool to punch even holes on all the pages through which I placed 4 binder rings, all from Itsy Bitsy. Gotta say, I'm mighty pleased with the end result!


How do you like my Wedding Message book? Would love to hear your views. Leave a comment and let me know. Till then Happy Crafting!

Supplies Used:

6 comments:

  1. wow!!! this looks amazing!! I love the envelope so much!!! can't stop looking at these pics :)
    -Berina

    ReplyDelete
  2. please can u include a picture once the wishes are written. i am somehow not convinced of the practicality of the "200 messages in a 10 page book".
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can Diana, it's being presented to my friend's brother so I don't know when I will see it again. But to clarify - 10 pages, 20 sides, 10 messages per side - that's 200.

      Delete
  3. Great idea.Will be a wonderful keepsake.I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete