Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Travel Scrapbook Album Packed with Photos!

I'm still in the process of putting together my holiday scrapbook album. If you want to see the first post which is the cover and binding method, click here. Now I will be sharing some of the pages of the inside of the album. Each page is dedicated to a different country that we visited and the 2 pages I am showcasing here are of Italy and Greece. 


So as you can see from the picture above, this is the Italy page. The base paper is a lovely gold theme from the DCWV Tradewinds stack. I found an extremely apt Embossed Tag titled Good Times which is perfect for journaling. I added chipboard alphabets which are heat embossed gold as the title. For the city name, I used Chipboard Lasercuts again embossed gold as the base and on it I glued  the name of city using my new favourite die - the Sizzix Doodle with Dazzle die. It's got all letters of the alphabet in upper and lower case and it has a pretty dangling star at the bottom of each letter, giving the dazzle effect. Here are some closeups.


I guess the best thing about this alphabet die is that you snip off the stars when you want something simple and straightforward. I had preserved lots of tokens from the trip and this one is a receipt for ice-cream - yummy gelato - that I went nuts on during the trip. To see the Doodle with Dazzle Die in action, check out this video tutorial!



I used the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Borderabilities Die to frame each of the photo spaces which are all flaps allowing 3 photographs on a single space. So this page will accommodate 9 photos of Pisa.


My next page was the section devoted to Greece. In Greece we visited 2 places - Mykonos and Athens.  The top layer is for Mykonos and the inside flap is for Athens. Since Mykonos is a beach town so I used some net with shells to create the theme. The shell embellishments continued all over the Mykonos page to complete the seaside feel. Each of the phtotos are framed by a Scallop Rectangle die cut offering a pretty frill to all photos. Again this page can hold 11 photos of Mykonos. 





My Cruise Scrapbook Album is going to take a few more days to complete, 3 more countries to include and so many photos to print in different sizes. But I have to say, I am really enjoying it. I never tried this before and it truly is a pleasure to preserve all one's memories so craftily!

How do you like my album? Leave a comment and let me know! Would love to hear from you!

Supplies Used

8 comments:

  1. love the shells & net effect Sunehra...... amazing project... awaiting the next few pages... & the sizzix doodle die too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sunehra...beautiful way to relive those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! very nice Sunehra :) color combination is very nice...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. the layout with shells is catchy sunehra, idea of sticking the bill is innovative

    ReplyDelete