Friday, May 9, 2014

TGIF with Pooja

It's Friday, everyone's favourite day of the week and what better way to enjoy the day than with craft!! We've got Pooja from Lightbox Creative ideas who will be brightening up our Fridays here at the ItsyBitsy blog with her fabulous creations!! Thanks so much to Pooja for hopping on board, and now over to her!

Hi everyone!
Its Pooja, back with another card for you !
I am really happy to post here :) for the special friday segment - TGIF with Pooja. 

So lets take a look at what i made.
This card has another little darling stamp that i used. 


I went for a shaped card this time. The decorative edges are cut with a sizzix framelits dies. And I added some punched out lace at the top.



The stamp I used here is Little Darlings Cupid 3048
All the LD stamps come unmounted , so make sure you mount it before use(Use stamp mounting foam or a simple adhesive back foam sheet.)
With that said, I really like the image impression they give. Since it’s a deeply etched rubber stamp it really gives a good image effortlessly. So I suggest not to apply too much pressure on the stamp.
I have used water color pencils for the dress and the rest of the image is colored with alcohol markers. There is a large selection of copic markers available at itsy bitsy for you to pick :)
I did some distressing for the Background of the stamp to create clouds , seemed like the right thing to do with the cupid image :)



Look at those sumptuous flowers I really love the colors and they go very well with the card. 



This little butterfly is a mini stamp, which I colored using watercolor pencils and then fuzzy cut.
I created a lot of layers using paper doilies and oval die cuts on the pattern papers .
When creating layers just remember one rule – Don’t be hesitant and always add more!
I think the sentiment is very apt for the stamp I used.
I hope I have inspired you enough to try your hand on stamping and coloring.
Have fun creating!
For any questions or suggestions you may have just comment below! 


Supplies : 



10 comments:

  1. Wow !! what a gorgeous card Pooja as always love your colors and the beautiful embellishing and also the way you have colored that cute girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hussena ! I really appriciate your comments !

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Pooja! and just love the gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jaya -
      I know !!! those blooms are just amazing u shud try them too :) Thanks for stopping by girl !

      Delete
  3. Always love your bright and cheerful projects Pooja and a big congrats for becoming regular DT of Itsy Bitsy--when is the party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sonia ,
      Thankyou so much :) party anytime ! :) aajao

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful !... one question.. is the card only connected through top border?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deepti ,
      thanks for your comment .
      The card is normally scored on the top , and the lace border is stuck on the card front at the top over which the Pattern paper goes. Its pretty sturdy .
      Hope this helps !

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Aneta !
      Love having u over !!! :)

      Delete