Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Shine Bright- Project 1



Hey ppl,


This is Dr. M V Pratyusha from Pratvam Progs (Again :P)


Today I am here to share one of the projects I made using the new premium range of quilling strips.


I keep visiting Itsy Bitsy every now and then as it is very near to my home. I love the craft supplies that they stock. I am a big fan of their quilling strips as I already told you all in the previous post. Apart from that they stock Canvases of various sizes. Working on canvas gives you a stable surface and a working area that is versatile. I love using canvases for my quilling projects.


This post today is one such canvas that I have prepared.


Used 5x7 inch canvas prepared it using gesso and then painted it using Tim Holtz distress paints spiced marmalade. Sketched out the outline for the sunflower and used doubling strip technique to do the outlining for the same. What follows is husking technique to fill up the whole of the interior of the flower.

The center of the sunflower is made using the squeezed beehive technique in 2 layers. Here for the center also added microbeads in golden colour.
Used 1mm strips to make hollow circles of various sizes and stuck them at random areas on the canvas. Used cardstock and printed the quote on it and then used distress ink in the colour Mowed lawn to highlight it. Stuck the same to the canvas using double sided tape. Also added creepers and handmade embellishment to complete the project!!!





Here's the completed project!!!


Would love to hear what you ppl think of this project!!! :)

In case of any queries do drop then in the comment section or ping on facebook.

Will be back with yet another project next week :)

Till Then,
Keep Crafting :)

Disclaimer- Unless stated, all photos are the work of Pratyusha and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License



2 comments: